How Do I Start a Grant Writing Business from Scratch?
Have you ever wondered…
- Where do I start as a grant writer?
- Do I have the skills to help nonprofits?
- Where do I find clients?
- How do I price my services?
If so, then you’re in good company! Over the last few months of podcasting, the grant writer strategy calls have been some of my most popular episodes. That’s why it’s time for another!
Today I’m talking with Jacqueline White who is ready to step into freelance grant writing. I shared some hints about her story in Episode 44. She has an incredible background that you’ll want to hear about.
Grant Writer Strategy Call
We cover all kinds of good grant writing topics like:
- How Jackie’s background in Olympic training, research, business, and nonprofit work has prepared her for grant writing
- What I wished I’d known starting out as a new grant writer
- How to think through pricing her services as a new grant writing consultant
- My favorite invoicing software
- Tips on building recognition for yourself
- The importance of systems in grant writing
- My 4 recommended next steps for Jackie so she can position herself for success as a consultant
This will also give you a taste of what we do in the Fast Track to Grant Writer. Some amazing people are in there who are leveling up their nonprofit grant writing careers.
About Jacqueline White:
From athlete to advocate, Jacqueline is a former elite athlete and personal trainer who has taken up the pen to support non-profits on a mission to do good in the world. Leveraging a diverse business background and years of experience with non-profits, she has set out to help organizations improve their funding, expand their impact and positively influence their communities.
Over the years Jacqueline’s life experience has varied from Olympic caliber athlete training at the Olympic Training Center to content acquisition/COO for a small publishing company, to zoning and compliance officer for local government to operations manager for a gym franchise. The opportunity to lead fundraising efforts for various non-profits along the way was all preparation to open the door to grant writing.
As the daughter of a military officer, Jacqueline has lived in numerous places and currently resides in the Atlanta area. While interested in helping as many non-profits as she can, she has a particular interest in non-profit organizations that work with veterans, involve cultural arts and organizations that are focused on youth and youth sports.
Other Episodes and Resources Mentioned: