Riding Coast to Coast: Innovative Ideas to Make an Impact
It’s time for another nonprofit spotlight, and this is one interesting ride! I’m talking with Rodney Olsen with Compassion Australia.
He’s gearing up to lead a huge mission in September 2021 – riding coast to coast across Australia! The team is raising awareness and funding to help children in poverty.
Listen in as Rodney shares:
- His story of how he learned about Compassion Australia’s impact.
- How much the need for help has grown over the years.
- The ways they’re tapping into volunteers and resources in local communities.
- Their structure for training and preparing volunteers for the work.
- The importance of keeping your why top of mind for the whole team.
- How you can use the things you love to make an impact for good.
Rodney Olsen spent much of his working life as a professional communicator working in radio, but these days he is a Relationship Manager with Compassion Australia.
After visiting Haiti and Dominican Republic in 2008, Rodney’s burden to serve those living in extreme poverty began to grow. He began working for Compassion Australia in 2013. He’s passionate about children being released from poverty in Jesus’ name.
He has travelled to a number of nations where Compassion is working and has seen firsthand how children’s lives are being transformed.
Rodney is a keen cyclist who has crossed Australia 6 times by bike as well as cycling in Canada and India. Rodney begins his seventh crossing of Australia in September 2021 as part of Ride for Compassion Coast to Coast.
Connect with Rodney & Compassion Australia:
- Facebook Group: Ride for Compassion Coast to Coast 2021
- Rodney’s Podcast: Bleeding Daylight
Other Episodes and Resources Mentioned:
- Book: When Helping Hurts
- Episode 32: What It Means to Change the World
- Podcast Power Series: Grant Writer Fast Focus – Episodes 43-46
- Episode 13: Nonprofit Spotlight: The Global Orphan Project – On a Mission to Change a Generation
- Episode 23: Nonprofit Spotlight: Changing Lives Through Service Dogs – Interview with Joel & Danea Key, Saber Life Foundation
- Episode 27: Keys to Success as a Nonprofit Leader: Interview with Dr. Johnathan Kraus, Love Never Fails International
- Episode 37: How Do We Show Nonprofit Sustainability? On-Air Strategy Call, Ashley McMichael, Innovative Academy of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Episode 039: How a Real Estate Company Makes a Nonprofit Impact, Gregg Cohen, JWB Real Estate Capital