Should you make the move to be a grant writing consultant?
Join me today as I talk through seven questions to consider before becoming a grant writing consultant. This may seem like a big step, but there are a few things you should sort out before you make the jump.
Being a grant writing consultant is rewarding. I’ve enjoyed the freedom and flexibility, but it’s not without its share of challenges.
A few questions to think through:
- How fast do you need income?
- Do you need a consistent income right away?
- What is your network like? Consider what connections and opportunities you have.
- Look at your background and experience – what do you have to build upon?
- Can you do some consulting on the side in addition to your day job?
- How much time and flexibility do you have?
- What is realistic for you?