When we actively engage and equip our board members, they become our organization's best ambassadors!
Developing Nonprofit Board Members
Developing a healthy nonprofit board can be a challenge. Often board members agree to serve without understanding their role or how they can best help the nonprofit. Board training and communication can alleviate some of this dysfunction. Board members can then step into their leadership roles and use their skills more effectively.
Brian Brandt, CEO of Core Insights, shares words of wisdom for nonprofit board members. We chat about:
- The role of nonprofit board members
- Where to start when onboarding new members
- The importance of market research when starting a nonprofit
- How to encourage board members to get involved
- Fostering connection and vision among nonprofit boards
- Better equipping board members to serve
- Developing ambassadors, not just board members
- Approaching difficult board conversations with grace
Listen in for some great advice from Brian’s years of working with nonprofits.
Meet Brian Brandt:
Brian Brandt is the CEO of Core Insights, a Texas-based company providing training and facilitation for nonprofits and businesses. With three decades of leadership experience, he has devoted his life to developing stronger leaders and organizations. His expertise revolves around board training, leadership, and communication.
Brian frequently speaks at conferences on board development and engagement, human resources issues, leadership, change management, and strategic planning. He co-authored The Ambassador’s Journey: A Parable About Nonprofit Board Leadership and Blind Spots: What You Don’t Know CAN Hurt You. Brian holds a Master’s in Global Leadership and a Bachelor’s in Accounting.
Nonprofit Work Is a Journey
If you’re a nonprofit and not sure how to move forward with your mission, go to teresahuff.com/nonprofits and let’s chat about the next best steps for you.
If you’re a grant writer wanting to make a career out of this, join me in the Fast Track to Grant Writer so we can map out specific action steps for your income. Now is a great time to jump in so you can level up your grant writing career.
What is ONE SMALL thing you’ll do today to make the world around you a better place? Now go do it!
Other Episodes Mentioned:
- Episode 26: The Value of Unexpected Mentors and 5 Ways to Find Them [Mentoring Series #1]
- Keys to Success as a Nonprofit Leader: Interview with Dr. Johnathan Kraus, Love Never Fails International [Episode 027]