Good news: Grant writers and nonprofits CAN thrive in a pandemic economy! In Part 3 of this Nonprofit Fundraising Series, grant expert Margit Brazda Poirier and I chat about:
- Reflecting on the challenges of 2020,
- How grant trends have shifted throughout the pandemic,
- Creative ways nonprofits have adapted, and
- Best practices for how nonprofits can not only survive, but thrive in the changing economy.
Margit’s 3 C’s for Helping Nonprofits Thrive in a Pandemic:
Listen in as we share ways you can help nonprofits through the ups and downs of the post-2020 economy.
In this episode of the Grant Writing Simplified Podcast, Margit and I talk about how we became grant writers (and how you can too!), the nonprofit trends we’ve seen since 2020, and several best practices for nonprofits. She has several tips for new grant writers looking to get started.
Connect with Margit Brazda Poirier:
Margit Brazda Poirier, GPC, M.S., Owner and Founder of Grants4Good LLC® (grants4good.com), created the company in 2009 to help nonprofit organizations and businesses find and get grant funding. She is one of only 350 nationally-certified Grant Professionals and 1 of only 20 Approved Trainers in the U.S. on this topic.
Margit and her team have written and received millions in grants for nonprofits and businesses – and she has the unique perspective of understanding both grant seeking and grant making, given her experience leading a prominent New York foundation.
Her passion is being outdoors as much as possible and teaching others to secure grant funding through her online course, allaboutgrantwriting.com.
- FREE Guide, 7 Steps to Grant Success
- All About Grant Writing self-paced online course
- Blog: The 3 C’s to Thriving in a Pandemic Economy
Other Episodes Mentioned:
- Episode 19: Effective Strategies for Virtual Training: Interview with Heather Burright
- Episode 20: How to Increase your Chances of Winning a Grant
- Episode 33: How to Find First-Time Donors for Your Nonprofit: Interview with Jason Adkins, GPC
- Episode 34: 50+ Nonprofit Fundraising Ideas and 9 Questions to Help You Start