My friends, today’s episode is jam-packed with all kinds of grant writing goods. I’m chatting with the talented Brandi VanAntwerp, Grant Administrator of CoxHealth Foundation in Springfield, Missouri. Brandi provides grant writing and management for 6 hospitals, 83+ clinics, and Cox College. She’s familiar with foundation, corporate, state and federal grant writing techniques.
Grant Writing Tips & Strategies
We cover all kinds of grant writing advice, including:
- The value of mentors in growing your grant writing and fundraising skills
- Brandi applied for jobs she wasn’t fully qualified for, but she went for it anyway
- Imposter syndrome – it’s a big thing!
- The importance of addressing issues head on
- What to do when grant projects don’t go according to plan
- How she tracks and manages big federal grant projects with many people and lots of moving parts
- Delegating with grace
- Proactive approaches to set her team up for success
- Advice for improving your federal grant writing – you won’t want to miss this one!
- Onboarding team members to new grant project awards
Even if you’ve been writing grants for a while, there are likely several gems waiting for you here. And if you’re new to this grant writing world, hop over to www.teresahuff.com/quiz to see if you have what it takes to be a grant writer.