Many of us find oursevles confined to our homes a little more these days, so you might be feeling a little helpless as to what you can do to make a difference in your community. Even with social distancing and limited gatherings in many communities, there are plenty of ways you can still help a nonprofit from afar.
7 ways you can help a nonprofit starting today:
- Offer to help with social media posts and updates on closings.
- Help the nonprofit draft an email to clients letting them know of changes to services.
- Help write thank yous or prepare an update to donors.
- Offer to do some research or write an article for their newsletter.
- Quite a few emergency-related grants are popping up now. You can help them search for funding that is a good fit.
- Keep an eye on the changing forecast of emergency funding and send them updates or relevant partnership opportunities.
- Help them come up with creative, low-cost ideas for fundraising and marketing.
There are plenty of other things you can do. Sit down with an old-fashioned pen and paper to brainstorm – I bet you’ll come up with some awesome ideas!
Communities need our nonprofits now more than ever. Now is the time to think strategically and help them weather the storm.
What will you do TODAY to help your cause?
I’d love to hear what you’re up to!
I sincerely hope all is well with you and yours. Hang in there – we’ll get through this and come out stronger than ever.
Be well, my friend!